02 January 2009

2 centavos.

What do you think of Caroline Kennedy being Sen. of NY?



Hillary Clinton might not have won the presidency but she did make it into the White House, and thus her seat as New York Senator must be filled; Caroline K. submitting her name as a candidate. She'll have to prove herself to those who question her qualifications, besides being a part of the most popular and famous political family in American Politics.

Until now, her image is flawless, but that is because she is a Kennedy and not yet a politician. She is riding on the legacy of her father (JFK) and the popularity of Uncle (Ted). The current Governor of New York, David Paterson, holds Kennedy's name high on the list because Hillary wished for another woman to fill her seat as Senator, and Caroline has some strong connection that might be helpful necessary to raise the $70 million to campaign.

Peterson and Kennedy will both have to run in 2010 to actually fill the seats, because they're both replacements - Paterson stepping for Spitzer after the prostitute scandal in early 2008.

Pops asked me my opinion on the matter. I realized that I was indifferent about her qualifications: she's a democrat and she campaigned for Obama, so she's good in my book. I also recognized that if this tables were turned and this was a Republican situation, I would be outraged. With that, I am aware of the double standard here and look forward to learning more about her position on climate change, public transit, and public education. Holler

http://bit.ly/2N15qw

No comments: