29 January 2009

ABDC

America's Best Dance Crew is off and running, and I have to say, slim pickin's. The greeZy Mario Lopez claims that this season (3) is the most advanced, but I have no idea where he gets this. None of the crews show the precision of the Jabbawockeez from Season 1, or the creativity of FannyPak from Season 2 (yes Jules, I give credit where credit is due).

So far the only crew that showed potential was the Boxcuttahz, kinda the dopple ganger of Kabba Modern-ish, but they were the first crew cut. This is mos def the season of the ladiesssss, being that the only semi-decent crews are that of ALL FEMALES, holler.



FlyKhicks:

their first performance was aite, but it was the battle at the end of the first episode that cemented them as legit. They're feminine and they love sneakers.

Beat Freaks:

Ultra-dope. They do seem like a team of 'bo's, but they are so hard core and rep for the West Coast, be it LA style.

Maybe this season, an all girl team might take the prize.

1 comment:

Julian, the Desaparecido said...

I agree. We were watching the show and I was all like, "I want them ALL to be eliminated."

They should do a superstar special is all I'm saying.

Thanks for the shoutout baby girl.