21 February 2009

A shank in hand.


No, I'm not referring to the latest stabbing at Fruitvale Bart, but rather, my latest dream.

Last night I dreamt that I was filleting fish, all kind of fish - big fish, little fish, fat fish, and skinny fish. At my work, often the prep cook will be filleting anchovies. First, she cuts the head off and then up the belly to gut the small specimen. The first puncture sends a mini-red and purple explosion of blood and guts into the air, and then into the sink.

The dream continued with me gutting fish, some of my fillet's being of professional caliber. As I cut one fish in half, I realized there was a mechanism inside, its intestines were plastic (!!), resembling a fish tank filtering device. I was mildly confused, but continued with my preparations. The last scene of my dream was me cleaning out the plastic parts, and cutting the head off of a giant Tuna-like creature, and I was quite proud with my skills.

According to the dreamdictionary :
To dream that you are cleaning fish, suggests that you are altering your emotional expression in a way that will be presentable to others. You are censoring yourself and not expressing how you completely feel.

Hot damn. Now I have something to think about over my coffee and GIS text session. One thing is for sure: I think I have been watching too much Top Chef. 86.

No comments: