09 April 2009

I declare I don't care no more.



Time: Tuesday April 7, 2009. 11pm.

Danngggg
. It's last Tuesday night, homegirl gets off work and my co-(t)worker and I run into our diva spot for a drink. Whats that? WHAT? Green Day was apparently playing at the Independent at that moment. Then I had a moment. I was a bit bummed that I didn't know about it, considering tickets were only $20. I found comfort in the fact that if KMEL didn't announce it, then I probably wouldn't have heard about it in the first place.

Its not that I love Green Day, but I have to say that my first show was a Green Day mega-concert [ Shout out to StripperWithAHeartofGold ]. With that, I will always have a soft spot for the mainstream punk band that hailed from Berkeley. Even further, to watch any band/performer is just that much sweeter when its in an intimate setting.

Plus, word on the street is that Green Day is apparently going to turn their album American Idiot into a play! Details later, but the play will star the band, host their album as the plot and sound track, and will be shown at The Berkeley Rep.

So its Tuesday night. I'm sitting half a block away from the sold out show that ended up lasting two hours, and I left holding my head high, even though my heart had sunk, just a bit.

1 comment:

Julian, the Desaparecido said...

I remember that concert. Worst concert ever!