01 August 2009

The show about 'nothing.'



The show about the fat-bald one, the chick, the racist, and the rich comedian is reuniting! .... and I'm NOT referring to the Saved by the Bell get together. The cast of Seinfeld will be regrouping for the upcoming season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, starting in September.

Considering that Larry David helped to develop the Seinfeld plot, along with Jerry, it seems fitting that the reunion will be happening on David's other show. I'm sure this if the first time a reunion for one show has ever happened on another show, but in this situation it works.

The story line goes as follows: the actors will play themselves, and the plot recaps what they've been doing/where they've been for the past decade. It remains to be seen whether Michael Richards will have to address his episode of racist turrets, but the CYE episodes will revolve around getting the cast together to film a Seinfeld reunion special. Sounds soooooo Seinfeldy it makes me giddy/sick.

I remember when the series ended, I was living in Alaska and was in the seventh grade. The finale ended up landing right smack dab in the middle of a week when my English teacher decided to conduct an experiment: NO television. Well I failed that s**t, because I watched the Seinfeld finale... and it sucked. I hope the reunion will make up for lost time.

No comments: