20 January 2010

Tweet of the week: Spotlight.


owner of Humphry Slocombe, taken by me about a year ago.

I never really gave this creamery a chance. What, another ice cream place with craaaazy flavors, it was like having another artisan pizza place being progressively basic. Ok, you see where I'm going with this.

So one day, a long time ago, I went to HS again, and was blown away. Peanut butter curry? Sounds ridiculous, but you put that shit in your mouth and there is an orgy of flavor goin' on on your tongue, amazing. I started noticing that their flavors were unique, but successful in mixing unusual sounding ingredients into a harmonious ice cream. They succeeded in winnin' this breezy over, but it's ice cream not salmon roe. So now I'm in love, and naturally I started following HS on twitter. Just so everyone knows, Humphry Slocombe has the best tweets ever. So witty. And if you didn't know, now you do:

@humphryslocombe: ice cream with attitude.

I love walking down 24th on a cold rainy night.
The biting wind.The smell of warm tortillas & cannabis.
The pop-pop of distant gun fire..ahhh

http://twitpic.com/yzcxz - Yay! Pam is back from having
her illegitimate baby, oops-I mean personal time off!
That hot fudge looks yummy too

I Have a Dreamsicle is here! Orange Sorbet swirled
w/Crème Fraîche ice cream! "A man who won't die for
something is not fit to live"-MLK

Aww, We have three couples literally making out in
the
store right now - it's sweet and kinda weird. Our ice
cream makes people horny!

Wow Jake! This batch of @boccalone Lard Caramels are
super piggy! I-nom,nom-can't,nom,nom-stop-eating-them.
Squeal b*tches!

Damn Malted Milk Chocolate. Saw you killin' it on the
dance floor last night & now you're creamier than
ever-thanks
for showin' us ur moves!

Malted Dulce De Leche is back! Oh hell yes-this one always
goes fast so get your ass down here before you miss what
liquid
velvet is like...

Food Network is SO much nicer on the phone than Tyra's
people! Ugh.

No comments: