21 December 2010

The Dread.

Dreadlocks. Let me state that I do NOT hate dreads. One of my good friends used to have dreadlocks and I would twist them for her. She was beautiful, and so was her hair. But if you asked her if she liked her hair, she probably would have scoffed and flipped you off - that shit is rhetorical. However, I must admit a pet peeve of mine: White people dreads.

I am under the impression that people who have dreadlocks need them to better manage their hair, and most who have dreads have really curly hair and happen to be ethnic. White people do not fit into this equation, and this is where my problem comes in. Since I grew up in San Francisco I must say, White People dreadlocks seem politically IN-correct and culturally insensitive. They also allude to poor hygiene and taste.

Agree with me, or don't - gotta speak my mind. Ahhhh, Zen.


Beautiful::




Not So::




//

No comments: