21 May 2011

FAVA-TIME!

After my visit to Riverdog farm on Tuesday [ pictures to come ], I had some duties to attend to. I was able to purchase some bougie produce at Pac 'N Save prices - 2lbs of fava's for $2, anyone??? That's like 1/2 off from the farmers market price of $4, and I'm always sucker for a bargain.

However I ran into a problem - cleanin' favas is a bitch! There are about three steps before you can eat them.






  1. take the beans out of the ginormous pod
  2. boil for about 2 minutes
  3. shell from the skin.
  4. AT THIS POINT YOU CAN FINALLY EAT THEM! sheesh.






But lemme tell you - there is nothing like having fresh fava's and a dozen eggs that looked like an Easter Bunny popped 'em out. Shades of light blue and jade sprinkled my carton. So worth it.





//

No comments: