27 January 2009

Cinema: 2009.

La Classe (The Class)
Saw the trailer for this the other day, and it caught my eye. It's a story that has been told before: new teacher gets bullied by rambunctious yet passively intellectual inner-city students. Reminiscent of HighSchoolHigh, but really, it reminds me of Dangerous Minds kinda thing. The students are all ethnic too: Black, Asian, Latino. And the teacher is white, I wonder if this is supposed to be an undertone, or if I'm just hyper sensitive to this sort of stuff.


Wendy and Lucy
Michelle Williams, post Heath, post BrokeBack. A tale about a girl and her dog. Growing up in SF, I've met a lot of girls like her, she's frail, she rocks an American Apparel hoodie, and she's endlessly melancholy, and with dog. Seems like a lonely movie, but it looks genuine.

No comments: