28 January 2009

Recent Acquisitions

Surprise! I bought myself presents, and I'm not talking sneakers. I've made some recent investments in books. I thought I'd never see the day.

FINDING LOST SPACE: THEORIES OF URBAN DESIGN
Trancik, Roger.

GORILLA, MY LOVE
Bambara, Toni Cade.

THE JUNGLE
Sinclair, Upton.

ON BEAUTY
Smith, Zadie.

SUBURBAN ESCAPE: THE ART OF CALIFORNIA SPRAWL
Wolfe, Ann M.


Some are mos def dork status. Like The last one, its an art book - about suburbs. Yikes. The first text is just that, a text book. I had it shipped from another CSU library for an assignment and kept it over due because it was so fascinating. When I decided to return it and find it on Amazon, I realized it was a text book = expensive. Talk about birthday indulgences and career dedication.

1 comment:

Julian, the Desaparecido said...

Zadie Smith, huh? Work it, girl.... I liked White Teeth, but it took a lot out of me.