11 February 2009

Star power? Or Presidential power?



President Obama and First Lady Obama both grace the covers of the two most prominent and diva magazines this month. At first, I saw Michelle's cover and I thought, "she is working that fuchsia, but damn, the background is out-of-this-world-bland!" I later realized she's probably posing inside her new digs, The White House, or whatever.

It is still amazing to me how much the world of pop-culture has embraced the presidential couple. A week ago, in Walgreens, I looked at the periodicals rack (extracurricular reading), and every tabloid/magazine/newspaper, had an Obama on it. No lesbian LiLo, no slutatious Paris, no tweaked out Britney - but the first family? They single handedly revived political interest throughout this country, a fact easily validated by their popularity among tabloids. 




Forcast for the Future: Michelle hosts the MTV Video Music Awards.

No comments: