02 November 2010

Giants = UNITED STATES CHAMPIONS!!


Cody Ross, tha boss.

Hahaha, World Series? Nono, shit is NOT world worthy. They are mos def the Champions of the United States. I was ecstatic to hear that the Giants won the World Series of MLB. It is the first championship the Gigantes have won since landing in SF over 50yrs ago. While it is an amazing feet, riots broke out over SF and the excitment turned into fear for many of my friends, and a bit in myself. I was at work LAMESAUCE, but the energy was not spared. One of the diners informed me that the Giants had just won, and I repeated "THE GIANTS WON?" then a couple other people int the dining room confirmed and the entire restaurant stopped eating and began cheering. Beautiful moment.

I got multiple text messages saying "THE MISSION IS CRAZY." However, as the night went on and I began my journey home, those messages turned into "Be careful" and "I'm going home, got a glimpse of Riot cops." Eek.

We exited 16th/Mission Bart, in hopes to down a celebratory drink. We couldn't move past Valencia, because the street had been shut down with happy people. Broken glass littered the streets, a drum circle was jumpin', and people were climbing all over the cars and fire escapes. There was literally people EVERYWHERE. A couple more bottles were crashed and the choppers were in the night sky, so we bounced. Too cray.

Either way, The Giants won and I'm fucking stoked. SF was criticized for being liberal-hippy-pot-smoking-freaks, and were playing in the most conservative of them all TEXAS. George Dubya was sittin' in the stands watching our eclectic team of characters the whole series, and I couldn't be happier that we creamed his beloved Rangers. SUCK IT BRO. In their home state.
The parade is tomorrow. FUCKYA! Peep some extra photos here.

//

No comments: